Johnny Whitworth has found himself to be a bit more than fans originally guessed when he was cast last year in the new Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance movie as he reveals in a new video interview done for AMC Theaters, which you can see below. The actor is playing the human side of him for a good part of the movie, noting that until page seventy, he doesn’t get into his demonic mode.
“I’m not a very nice guy. I’m bad. I get turned into, for those who read ‘Ghost Rider’, the character Blackout. I get turned into him by the Devil to complete my job. That gives me the fortitude to fight Ghost Rider and the supernatural abilities to compete on some level with that guy.”
The version of Blackout that Whitworth will portray is based on (and looks to be adapted loosely) from the character as introduced in Ghost Rider #2 from 1990 and is a creation of Howard Mackie and Javier Saltares from that time.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXBSfKUBcw&w=560&h=349]
0 comments